Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm not in my happy place.

Yesterday I was at work and thinking that I really need to get back to exercising. I was in a pretty good mood, right up until I went to the restroom and someone that I've seen around before, but don't personally know, asked me when the 'big event' was. I was stunned. I acted like I didn't hear her and left the restroom, but I could feel the swell of hysteria bubbling up. I held it off until I left work and met my husband in a parking lot to switch cars, at which point I burst into tears and sobbed. The thing is, I can't be outraged. I can't be angry. There is no denying that the way I carry my weight makes me appear to be pregnant, so I can't exactly get mad at the woman for saying something that was just meant to show an interest.

Trouble is, I can't seem to get out of my funk. I couldn't sleep last night and today I'm under a black cloud, no matter how much I try to pull myself out of it. I didn't go to Curves today because I didn't have the energy, even though I logically know that if that's the stick I use to measure I'll never go back to Curves, because when I stop exercising my energy level drops off to nothing. And so my new task is to dredge up the energy to start yet again...

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Start small.....but START. Over on Facebook we have a Step It Up Club. Buy a pedometer and start tracking your steps. Join our group if you would like. Just START. ALL GREAT THINGS START WITH A SINGLE STEP.

    I know you can do it!

    ((hugs))
    Jeanne
    CANDLEJMR@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying so hard to get out of my funk. It's so hard to get back on track after falling off. Since early Spring, I have gained back 30 lbs!! I can't believe it. My clothes are not fitting at all. I finally got the nerve to go back to Weight Watchers and weigh in last Sat. I have to be accountable. I needed that number on the scale as a new beginning. I'm just making myself get back to the gym and eating healthier. It's hard. It's so hard.

    It's hard to change bad habits with good ones. But after a week of perservering, it will get easier.

    Hang in there. Take it one day at a time. Just give 100% for one day. Then the next. And the next. It will get easier.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete