Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back Again

It's been a long time since I posted and I have to admit that those days and weeks weren't successful ones, as far as weight management goes. I fell into a deeper funk and went back to my manic eating habits, kicking myself mentally every step of the way, which only made me do it more. About three weeks ago I watched Supersize Me for the first time and their mention of food addiction spurred the thought that I treat food like an addiction, so I decided to try again. I stopped eating chocolate cold turkey and the first four or five days were pretty rough. Every time I even thought of chocolate my mouth literally watered, and I realized how much I use food to distract me from the rest of my life. I feel like I'm floundering around at the bottom of the well and doing every conceivable thing other than just climbing out. I didn't realize how many excuses I make to myself. Excuses why I can't exercise, why I can't blog, why I can't accomplish much of anything, while life is passing me by. What kind of example is that for my son? I didn't make any formal resolutions, but I'm refocusing again and we'll see if I succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment